COACHING AND CONSULTING FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF ENTREPRENEURS
Stairs to Stars
Companies can only develop as far as their leaders (usually the owners) have developed. This is why learning new things and getting past personal convictions about what we can and cannot do becomes a professional requirement of all who wish to bring their entrepreneurial ideas to fruition.
Stairs to Stars is a structured procedure that guides an entrepreneur toward realizing his or her goal through simultaneous work in two mutually related fields:
- Professional development – defining goals and strategy (consulting)
- Personal development – overcoming the limitations the entrepreneur has set for him or herself in the form of beliefs, habits or modes of behaviour (coaching).
The essence of the Stairs to Stars methodology is that it provides two kinds of support:
- Consulting – raising the bar for the company’s developmental goals, and
- Coaching – establishing personal goals through overcoming barriers that have previously dismissed some options available as “impossible”.
WHAT EXACTLY DO THE SUCCESFUL ENTREPRENEURS DO?
- Successful entrepreneurs learn quickly, apply new ideas, and never postpone making difficult decisions in the hope that matters would resolve on their own (they rarely do).
- They look for more than one way to reach what they want. Flexibility wins when accompanied by a clear vision of the goal: as soon as we are fixed in our ways and accept only one way of doing things, pressure starts to build up.
- Adaptable entrepreneurs know how to “read” changes in circumstances, and take notice of opportunities for new and different courses of action.
WHY IS IMPROVING OUR READINESS FOR QUICK ADJUSTMENT SO IMPORTANT?
In a volatile and unpredictable business world, when most information currently relevant is bound to become obsolete in a few months’ time, “classical” prediction tools have little value. Competitive advantage based on “first-order” organizational capabilities (size, scope, production capacity, offer) is clearly too static for the dynamic demands of the contemporary business world. The recipe for survival and growth today consists largely of “second-order” capacities, the key among which is precisely the readiness for quick adjustment.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF STAIRS TO STARS PROGRAM?
Stairs to Stars is a method conceived by Dr. Brankica Ljamić as a multi-phase process working on two fronts, professional and personal. An illustration of the change brought about by the application of this method is given in the educational novel “How Much Are You Willing to Pay?”, a story about an entrepreneur, Marko Popović, and his road to recovery from misconceptions that had brought him to the edge of bankruptcy and made him bedridden.